Gentle thermals over Pamukkale hot springs
10.Feb 2024 – 17. Feb 2024
During this period we expect easy flying conditions – suitable for IPPI 4 -certificate pilots and all those who want to escape the winter in Europe.
Group size: 10 people
Our Turkey experts Ayse and Alex take you to a very special flying area of Turkey. – Pamukkale and the ancient city of Hierapolis.
The huge launch site of Pamukkale is a great place for easy winter flights and sniffing out thermals, but also a great view over the limestone terraces and the ancient city of Hierapolis.
Pamukkale itself is a small but very appealing flying area in the interior of the country. You fly directly over the limestone travertines of the city of Pamukkale and over the ancient city of Hierapolis.
The two take-off sites of Pamukkale have – depending on the landing site – a difference in altitude of about 600m.
Not far away, about 20 km, is the launch site Cökelez with over 1600 m launch site altitude. There you are directly in one of the most popular XC flying areas, where there are easy predictable route excursions and countless landing possibilities even for XC beginners. If conditions permit, we will of course take you there as well.
If you have already made your first thermal experiences, you can use the full potential of the flying area.
The 1400 altitude difference from Cökelez to the landing site in Pamukkale invites you to a “flight home challenge”. However, some thermals are needed.
A flying area that invites to sniff thermals and sometimes even in winter offers manageable and predictable conditions even for XC beginners.
Besides the great conditions for extended paragliding flights, here you have an impressive insight into the history of Turkey. There you can fly over the ancient history, walk through and even bathe in it. Because in fact you can bathe in the thermal springs even in the ruins themselves in winter. The thermal water that comes out of the with over 36 degrees, in the bathing area of the ruins still has a cozy 26 degrees Celsius. One could hold out there comfortably the whole Central European winter.
We spend the night in the Pinar Vintage House. A small family runed Hotel, with good infrastructure, living the turkish hospitality.
UNTERKUNFT IN PAMKKALE
In short: A relaxing week with lots of time in the air, sun and unique impressions . There is hardly a better way than paragliding to escape the winter dirty weather. And surely you will go home with impressions from Turkey that will make you dream back for a long time.
In the evening we will have dinner in one of the small restaurants with a view of the illuminated travertines or sometimes in Denilzli.
- Sat: Arrival
- Sun-Fr: Enjoy in the Flying area
- Sat: Departure
Recommended flight from Stuttgart with stop in Istanbul to Denizli
Outbound flight: Sat. 10.2.2024, Stuttgart – Denizli 10:55-20:50 (7Std 55Min)
Return flight: Sat. 17.2.24, Denzli – Stuttgart 9:35-13:35 (6Std)
Airport transfers to other times/airports can be arranged at an extra charge
985.- € per person
Included in the tour price
- 7 Übernachtungen im Pinar Vintage House – with Breakfast in Twin/ Double room
- Airport transfer from Denizli Airport to the hotel and back. Pick up from flight ETA 20:50 and drive to flight ETD 9:35
- 6 days guiding
- Take off transfersin Pamukkale and to the starting point Cökelez, weather permitting.
- Return transportation in case of possible outlandings in Cokelez.
- Travel insurance certificate
- Single supplement at Pinar Vintage House on request: 175.- €
- Upgrade overnight stay White Heaven Suite, twin bed room: 263.- €, per person (2 persons required)
- Upgrade overnight stay White Heaven Suite, double room: 416.- €, per person (2 persons required)
- Upgrade overnight stay White Heaven Suite, single room 700.- €
Not included in the tour price
- FLIGHT (can also be booked through us)
- Catering other than breakfast
- Take off fees
- Visa fees
- Alternative programs can be organized on site, but are not included in the price.
- Alternative day trip to Ören, Bozdag or Bademagi flight area (Antalya)
You need to bring
- Your Gear
- Home flying licence and FIA-IPPI Flycard min. level P4
- Proof of Pilot Liability insurance with international cover
- PMR radio
- Cell phone with phone / data plan (you can get a phone card at the airport in Turkey)
Furthermore, it is recommended
- International accident insurance
- Accident insurance with recovery and repatriation cover
- Travel cancellation and luggage insurance
The local rescue chain does not meet the German / Austrian standard. In particular, rescue by helicopter cannot be guaranteed.
In order to avoid problems when entering the country, please limit your radio equipment to commercially available, freely operable PMR handheld radios.
- 100% payment required to confirm
- Cancellation up to 60 days before event: 100% refund
- Cancellation up to 30 days before event: 50% cancellation fee
- Cancellation up to 15 days before event: 75% cancellation fee
- Less than 15 days before event: No refund possible.
- The weather risk is at the expense of the traveller (LG Hannover, judgement v. 17.08.2009, Az.: 1 O 209/07).